Additive Manufacturing Technologies
– State-of-the-art in design, processing and materials in powder-based processing
Professor Eduard Hryha, director Competence Centre for Additive Manufacturing (CAM2), Chalmers University of Technology
This tutorial aims at providing insight to state-of-the-art of powder-based additive manufacturing as industrial method for prototyping and manufacture of advanced parts. The tutorial covers introduction to pre-processing, components design for AM, materials selection and basic aspects of manufacturing of metallic products with respect to materials and processing technologies. The main focus is placed on powder bed metal additive manufacturing technologies, covering hardware design, powder properties, material properties and post-processing.
The tutorial includes presentations from leading experts from powder suppliers, hardware manufacturers, software developers and scientists in the field.
- State-of-the-art and development of laser powder bed fusions
- State-of-the-art and development of electron beam melting
- State-of-the-art and development of direct energy deposition
- State-of-the-art and development of binder jetting
- Process monitoring and process control