Information for Presenters
Keynotes, Highlights, Oral presentations!
- All speakers are kindly asked to upload their PowerPoint presentation in the speaker room for distribution to the session rooms.
- We except a large number of presenters for each day, please make sure that you are there well in advance.
- Technician will be available to assist in the speaker room.
- The official language of the Congress is English.
Format guidelines for the presentations
- PowerPoint is the presentation programme available in all session rooms.
- No other devices, personal computers etc. than the ones provided in the session rooms are allowed for presentations.
- All computers and projectors will be set up and optimised for 16:9 ratio. Please adhere to these specifications in order to have a well-prepared presentation.
- Please contact the congress secretariat in advance by email: email@example.com if you have any other requests about the technical facilities (e.g. if you have any movies to show).
Before the session
- When? Upload your presentation at least 2 hours before your talk, or even better, on the day before, if possible
- Your presentation(s) will be uploaded into a specific file marked with your session room number; you do this with assistance of the technician in the speaker room. Your presentation will then be available on the computer in your session room in this specific file when you go there to give your talk.
- All lecture rooms are set up with chairs in rows facing a stage area (theater style)
- Microphones will be provided in those rooms that have a capacity of more than 70 participants.
- If you are having more than one presentation during the congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to the corresponding session rooms at the time of your sessions.
- Opening hours for the speaker room 254 in Norra Latin, on the second floor:
- Sunday, 1 September 12.00 – 18.30
- Monday, 2 September 12.15 – 16.00
- Tuesday, 3 September 08.00 – 16.00
- Wednesday, 4 September 08.00 – 16.00
- Thursday, 5 September 08.00 – 14.00
- Opening hours for the speaker room 201 in Folkets Hus:
- Monday, 2 September 08.00 – 12.00
During the session
- When? Arrive 10 minutes before the session begins and confirm your presence to the chairperson and the room attendant of the session.
- Setup? A computer will be provided. By using the computer mouse, choose your presentation and click on it. In case the presentation of the previous speaker is still on the screen, click on the Escape (Esc) button on the keyboard to close it and then open your own presentation.
- The use of private laptops/computers on stage is not permitted.
- Procedure? Please keep the time that has been allocated for your talk! The chairperson will describe the method he or she will use to alert you in case you exceed the time limit of your presentation. The congress has a very tight schedule.
- Calculate 5 minutes for Q&A within your dedicated time of talk. If you finish your talk early enough, the chairperson will ask the audience for questions.
- These guidelines should also be seen as a help to improve the effectiveness of the upload of presentation in the speaker room and, therefore, will result in higher comfort for speakers.
- For detailed scientific programme, please visit EUROMAT´s website. euromat2019.fems.eu/detailed -scientific-program/
After the session
- Your presentation file will be deleted and not be available for use.
- You may want to share your presentation, but the congress organisers will not monitor any such service.